Salmon Unlimited Of Wisconsin

http://www.salmonunlimitedwisconsin.com
It is currently Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:26 pm 
Crew

:fish1: I haven't fished salmon-a-rama this year and as long as you can catch a fish from a boat and register it in the on shore division i won't! :fish: I think it is unfair to the shore fishermen on shore means on shore :angler: They need to change the rule so everyone that fishes from shore has a chance it's not like we have access to deeper water depth finders trolling with 3 rods in the water so to the people who run Salmon-a-rama need to change the rule if you fish from a boat that is were you halft to register your fish not in the on shore division.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:48 pm 
Crew

Could you be more specific on the issue at hand?

http://magnumluresportfishing.net/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:39 am 
Crew

The guy that is leading the on shore division that caught the 26 lb chinook from a boat and registered it on the on shore division. What purpose is it to have a on shore division at salmon-a-rama if you are fishing from a boat and register it in the on shore catergory that is so unfair. I don't know about you but you have so much more advantages from a boat compare to fishing from :angler:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:30 am 
Crew

There was a misprint in the paper stating boat. We are looking into this seriously and will do so all the way up to a lie detector test for Mr. Day. In no way shape or form can an angler catch a fish from a boat and weigh it in on shore! That is the rule and always has been.

When it comes to the shore anglers. They can purchase a shore and or both Shore/boat ticket. This would allow them to register a fish from shore into the boat division for the Grand Prize.

This has created quite an uproar.... and we will continue to investigate any issues that may come up.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:43 pm 
Crew

Thank you for the update on the situation! That misprint i'm sure made allot of on shore fishermen mad i still don't understand how you can catch a big fish and not get excited,but i did talk to someone that knows him and thats just how he is. :thanks:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:03 pm 
Crew

Not a problem... rest assured we investigate almost every leader fish and question anglers. It's easy to live in the grey area and allot of people like to push the envelope. Lie detector tests will be given to verify our findings as well.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention... and i'm sure allot of shore dwellers will feel better knowing that the fish was indeed caught on shore.

Tom

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:13 pm 
Crew

seaniletoo I see day and his nephew are having good success up in sheboygan or where ever they are fishing, what i don't understand is not anyone else is? As a long time pier fisherman with the warm water i find it hard to belive they are catching fish from shore if they are congrats to them it just seems funny that they are catching fish of all kinds i just hope they are not telling :lies: and do past the lie detector test come sunday that would put allot of shore fishermen at ease.If their is one thing i can't stand is cheaters.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:23 pm 
Crew

I too, as an avid shore fisherman and Salmon-a-Rama prize winner, think the likelihood of Mr. Day's catch was very questionable. Tom, I was wondering if you could put this item to rest by posting if all winners past their lie detector tests?

Bob

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:32 pm 
Crew

Yes Mr. Day did pass his Lie Detector test!

Along with a few others that had to take one. Despite the talk and or rumors we made every attempt to investigate winning fish and some other questionable fish.

If you have any questions feel free... we are hoping the shore dwellers start to ramp up.... we paid out over 30% more than we took in for the Shore Division... without contestants in the is division we will not be able to support it... so spread the word... the only way it gets better $$ is more people...

If you have any suggestions on how to make it better please feel free... and try to be constructive vs. a critic... makes conversations go a little smoother.

Thanks,
Tom