Salmon Unlimited Of Wisconsin

http://www.salmonunlimitedwisconsin.com
It is currently Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: salmon arama
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:08 pm 
Crew

why are onshore anglers treated like dirt?They raised the prizes for the boats and pay next to nothing for onshore. I have fished this contest for a lot of years from shore but i will never fish it again

Post subject: Re: salmon arama
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:13 am 
Crew

The onshore division is paid by the number of participants entered. The onshore division has actually taken money from other categories to pay out the guaranteed money. In a nut shell the on shore division can't support itself, let alone pay more money. Last year the largest fish was actually caught from shore, but the ticket holder who posessed a boat ticket chose to weigh it under the shore division. The options have opened for shore anglers who still choose to not participate. The expansion of weigh in stations will hopefully increse participation drastically increasing pay-out for all. The pay out numbers are based on last year participation, and more anglers will produce more pay out. We can't balance funds from other categories to pay for a tournament that can't support itself. I see positive things coming if the shore anglers participate. :angler: